Your subscription to our list has been confirmed
Thank you for subscribing!
Thank you for your inquiry to STERIS Instrument Management Services. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 1 working day. If your inquiry requires a more in-depth response, we will still respond to notify of that.
· Customer agrees that this quotation constitutes an offer by STERIS Instrument Management Services, Inc. (“Seller”) for the sale (the “Offer”) of products (the “Products”) or services (the “Services”). Unless otherwise specified in the Offer, or some other document signed by Seller, the terms and conditions of sale set forth in this document (“Seller’s Terms”) apply to all Products and Services sold or provided by Seller.
· Customer acknowledges that any purchase order or other form of acceptance issued by Customer will result in a contract for the purchase of the Products or Services at the price quoted in the Offer. Customer will be deemed to have accepted any of Seller’s Terms to which Customer has not specifically objected. Customer’s issuance of a purchase order that purports to reject some or all of Seller’s Terms by virtue of standard form language will not be sufficient objection. Customer will be required to set forth each objection to Seller’s Terms in a separate writing signed and dated by Customer and delivered to Seller prior to or contemporaneous with Customer’s purchase order or other form of acceptance. Seller’s failure to object to provisions in any purchase order, or other communication from Customer (including, without limitation, penalty clauses of any kind), will not be a waiver of Seller’s Terms, nor an acceptance by Seller of any such provisions. Any terms in Customer’s purchase order or any other document of acceptance that are different from or additional to Seller’s Terms are hereby rejected unless specifically accepted by Seller in a separate document signed by both Customer and Seller, regardless of whether such other terms would materially alter the terms hereof. No course of dealing, custom or usage that is contrary to Seller’s Terms will apply.
· Seller reserves the right to correct any typographical or clerical errors in prices, specifications, quotations, or acknowledgments.
· The Products (including instruments, equipment, supplies, and parts) or Services subject to this sale will be limited to those described in the Offer. If the Customer is a government entity, Customer acknowledges that the Products are commercial items and that except as required by law, government accounting and procurement principles do not apply.
· At Seller’s request, Customer will furnish sufficient information to enable Seller to assess Customer’s creditworthiness, including preparation of Seller’s credit application. Seller may, in its discretion, require letters of credit, full or partial payment in advance, or other forms of security.
· A. Prices are based on U.S. dollars and, with respect to the sale of Products, are F.O.B. point of shipment. Prices do not include freight or delivery charges or taxes (sales, excise, use, ad valorem, etc.) or any export or import duties. Those charges may be prepaid by Seller and Customer agrees to pay any such charges that are added to Customer’s invoice.
· B. Seller will select the method and carrier for delivery of all Products. With respect to the sale of Products by Seller to Customer, title and risk of loss or damage to the Products will pass from Seller to Customer upon delivery to a carrier at point of shipment. With respect to the performance of Services by Seller, Seller will not take title to any product or equipment in connection with the performance of the Services, and title to such products or equipment will at all times remain with Customer.
· C. Any shipment, delivery, or performance date stated in the Offer or other contract document is approximate only and does not constitute any guarantee of shipment, delivery, or performance on any particular date.
· D. Time will not be of the essence of this agreement.
· A. All payments will be without deductions for back-charges, other accounts between Seller and Customer, and the like, which will be settled independently of the payment of the invoice. Payment will not prejudice claims on account of omissions or shortages in shipment, but no such claim will be allowed unless made within 96 hours after receipt of the applicable shipment by Customer.
· B. Payment terms will be net 30 days from the date of Seller’s invoice.
· C. Should Customer delay payment beyond the date it is due, interest may be charged on the unpaid balance at the rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is less.
· D. Notwithstanding that title and risk of loss for Products sold to Customer pass to Customer upon shipment, Customer hereby grants a security interest in all Products to secure Customer’s payment in full. Customer authorizes Seller at any time and from time to time to file in any filing office in any Uniform Commercial Code jurisdiction financing statements and amendments naming the Customer as debtor and describing the Products as collateral and to give any notices necessary to perfect such security interest or establish the priority thereof.
· A. Seller will not be liable for loss, damages, or non-performance resulting from delays in receipt of final specifications or instructions from Customer, changes in specifications or instructions, force majeure, including but not limited to strikes, labor disturbances, material shortages, non-manufacturing conditions, delays or failures of carriers or communication, epidemics, fire flood, storms, accident, riot, acts of terrorism, war and invasion, governmental requisition or priorities, acts of God, or other causes beyond Seller’s reasonable control.
· B. In such event, the delivery date will be extended for a period equal to the time lost by reason thereof, or Seller at its option may cancel the delivery and refund any amounts paid by Customer, as Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy. Seller will undertake to notify the Customer promptly of any significant delay and will specify the revised delivery date as soon as practical. IN NO EVENT WILL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF A DELAY IN, CANCELLATION OF, OR FAILURE TO DELIVER ANY PRODUCTS OR TO PERFORM ANY SERVICES.
· C. If shipment is delayed or extended by Customer, Customer will arrange for and notify Seller of the place or places to which Seller will ship the Products covered by the order for warehousing or storage at Customer’s expense and all risk of loss or damage to the Products or any product or equipment delivered to Seller in connection with the performance of the Services will be borne by Customer. If Customer is unwilling or unable to promptly arrange for warehousing or storage facility, Seller may do so at Customer’s expense. Customer hereby agrees to pay any and all storage charges so incurred as reflected on Seller’s invoice.
· Cancellation or suspension of the order by Customer after acceptance by Seller may be made only on terms that will compensate Seller for loss due to the cancellation or suspension. Prior to
shipment, Customer may cancel by giving written notice of cancellation to Seller. Customer may cancel after shipment only if Products are re-salable and Customer pays restocking, shipping and handling charges as reasonably determined by Seller.
· A. Seller represents and warrants that (i) Seller (or its employees, agents or designees, as applicable) will perform the Services in a competent, workmanlike manner, conforming in all respects to applicable material industry standards, (ii) all repairs and parts relating to the Services and the Products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year (365 days) following performance of the relevant Service (the representations and warranties set forth in subsections (i) and (ii) are collectively referred to herein as the “Service Warranty”) or delivery of the Product, as applicable, (iii) with respect to any certified pre-owned Products sold by Seller (the “CPO Products”), the CPO Products will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and operation for a period of one (1) year after the date of shipment to Customer, and (iv) Seller is complying, and will continue to comply with during the Term, all applicable laws and regulations, and maintains, and will continue to maintain during the Term, all material permits and certifications of any governmental authority or other third party.
· B. Customer will promptly notify Seller in writing of any breach of any warranty and, with respect to any warranty related to any Products (including the CPO Products), Seller will have an opportunity to inspect the relevant Product to confirm such breach. Seller’s warranties do not apply to damage resulting from accident, casualty, alteration, misuse or failure to follow Seller’s written instructions or from any warranty work, repairs, replacements or other work on any Products (including CPO Products) that has not been authorized by Seller in writing. If any model or sample was shown to Customer, such model or sample was used merely to illustrate the general type and quality of the relevant Product and not to represent that such Product would necessarily confirm to the sample in all respects. In the event of any material breach of the Service Warranty, Seller will, in Seller’s sole discretion and as the sole and exclusive remedy for such breach, either provide a refund of the fees paid by Customer for the Services in question or re-perform such Services at no additional charge to Customer. In the event of any material breach of the warranty with respect to the CPO Products, Seller will, in Seller’s sole discretion and as the sole and exclusive remedy for such breach, either provide a refund of the cost of the relevant CPO Product or repair or replace such CPO Product at no additional charge to Customer. ENTIRE WARRANTY: SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SELLER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND
ALL OTHER WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. SELLER WILL HAVE NO OTHER LIABILITY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
· C. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will Seller’s liability under any invoice, individually, issued hereunder exceed the total amount of fees paid by Customer to Seller under such invoice.
· D. Except with respect to CPO Products sold by Seller to Customer, if the Product sold is not manufactured by Seller, Seller will extend to the Customer the same warranty protection Seller received from the original manufacturer.
· E. Seller is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, Seller and Customer agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Customer and Seller also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
· A. Any action for a breach of contract arising out of Seller’s acceptance of Customer’s order or arising out of Customer’s acceptance of Product supplied must be commenced within one year after the cause of action has accrued.
· B. SELLER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY BREACH OF CONTRACT, MATERIAL OR OTHERWISE, OR FROM ANY TORTIOUS ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, AND IN NO EVENT WILL THE LIABILITY OF SELLER EXCEED THE PRICE OF THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT OR OF THE PRODUCT SUBJECT TO LATE DELIVERY. If Seller, without separate compensation therefore, furnishes the Customer with advice or other assistance concerning any Product supplied hereunder or any system or equipment in which any such Product may be installed that is not required hereunder,
the furnishing of such advice or assistance will not subject Seller to any liability whether in contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability) or otherwise.
· C. If the Customer fails to fulfill the terms of payment of any invoice or if the financial or business condition or responsibility of the Customer will become impaired or unsatisfactory to the Seller, Seller may, without liability to Customer or prejudice to any other legal or equitable remedy, suspend performance until past due payments are made and satisfactory assurance of payment is received.
· D. Any credit extended by Seller to Customer is conditional upon Seller’s continued satisfaction with Customer’s creditworthiness and will not establish any right to credit with Seller. Seller reserves the right to suspend credit and demand cash in advance or on delivery for all or any part of the price or to alter payment terms based on its assessment of Customer’s creditworthiness at any time, and failure of Customer to satisfy any such altered credit or payment terms will constitute grounds for insecurity on the part of Seller.
· A. No right accruing to the Customer by virtue of the relationship between Seller and the Customer nor any duty of Seller resulting from that relationship will be assignable without Seller’s prior written consent.
· B. Invalidity of any provision of Seller’s Terms will not affect the validity of any other provision hereof and any invalid provision will be, to the extent possible, modified to accomplish the same objectives in a valid way without affecting the surviving provisions.
· C. No failure by Seller to exercise any right accruing to it by virtue of the relationship or under any contract of sales entered into with the Customer will operate as a waiver thereof or preclude the exercise of the same or any other right or privilege by Seller.
· D. Any notice or other communication required or permitted under this Agreement will be in writing and will be deemed to have been given (i) when delivered personally; (ii) on the fifth business day after deposit in the United States mail, by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, return receipt requested; (iii) on the day after delivery to a reputable national overnight air courier service, prepaid; or (iv) upon receipt of a facsimile or e-mail confirmation
· E. There are no other Terms and Conditions applicable to the purchase and sales of Seller’s Products other than those contained in the Offer (including any specifications or other documents that Seller incorporated by reference in the Offer or invoice). No modification, amendment, waiver or other change of any provision of Seller’s Terms will be binding on Seller without Seller’s written consent.
· F. The rights and obligations of the Customer and Seller, and the construction and effect of any contract formed between them, will be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio.
· G. No indication on a payment remittance or otherwise that a payment of less than the full amount of any one or more invoices or other obligations will constitute payment in full thereof will be effective, and no accord and satisfaction, credit or compromise will be effective, unless Seller expressly agrees to the same in writing.